The first step before taking on any transformational workout program is a test of fitness. In order to track progress, you’ve got to see what you’re working with and where you’re starting.
1. Performance/Functional Fitness
2. Aesthetics and Body Composition
For the performance test, Gabe has designed a workout that you should perform on Day 0 of the program, and then repeat again on Day 31. Here's what to do.
The Day 0, Day 31 Workout
- Perform as many reps as possible (AMRAP) of push-ups for 2 minutes. Perform kneeling push-ups if you need to.
- Perform as many reps as possible of bodyweight squats for 2 minutes.
- Perform an isometric split squat for as long as you can.
- Perform a high plank hold for as long as you can.
Be sure to record your score both times, so you can compare for progress.
For the body composition test, we’ll be using photos — not the scale — as a measure of success. On day 0, take a photo of yourself in a well-lit area, standing tall with your shoulders back. Leave about an inch or two at the top and bottom of the photo. On day 31, you’ll retake the photo from the same spot in the same clothing with the same lighting.
Made some killer progress? Let us know on social. Post your photos with #RECOMP'D.