Stadium Sprint Training Plan: Day 26 - Power
It’s here, Spartan. Race weekend is upon us. If you run your Spartan Race Stadium Series tomorrow, take today as another active rest day. Go for a light jog. Attend your favorite yoga class. Focus on hydration and nutrition today.
For those who race Sunday, those who are still a few weeks out, or those who are building to reach their best self, continue on with our tapering power workout below. Focus on your intensity. Your weight stays up and your volume drops down.
This workout is designed to be done as a circuit with minimal rest between exercises. Take a 2-5 minute rest between each round of exercises for maximum performance benefits.
KB/ Pancake Clean – 2 sets of 8 reps (RPE 7-8) – What’s RPE?
- How: Start in your deadlift position, drive through your hips while pulling the weight to chest level and absorb the weight in a squat. This will teach you how to flip a tire and pick up a bucket or atlas stone.
Box Jumps/ Squat Jumps – 2 sets of 8 reps (RPE 7-8)
Lateral Pancake slams – 2 sets of 8 reps (RPE 7-8)
- How: Slam the pancakes to your left and right sides, alternatively.
Power Push Ups – 2 sets of 8 reps (RPE 7-8)
- Beginner: Try these on an incline
- Advanced: Add a clap at the top or try hopping onto yoga blocks/ a low step.
Vertical Pancake Toss – 2 sets of 8 reps (RPE 7-8)
Ice Skaters – 2 sets of 8 reps (RPE 7-8)
- Advanced: Try this on a slide board or in your socks on a slippery surface.
Jumping Pull Ups – 2 sets of 8 reps (RPE 7-8)
- Tip: Use the jump to propel you to the top of the pull up then control as gravity pulls you down. This will build strength for a bodyweight pull up and it is the basis for every time you jump over a wall!
Burpees – 2 sets of 8 reps (RPE 7-8)
Pull out your favorite Acumobility SPARTAN Ball or Acumobility SPARTAN Eclipse Roller. Spend anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes on each muscle, depending on tightness. Everybody’s body adapts differently to power training. Familiarize yourself with your personal aches and soreness. Use this soreness and body aches as a guide to find the right muscle groups to release.
Ready for tomorrow?
Spartan Stadium Sprint Plan: Day 27
Start Stadium Sprint Training Plan from the beginning?
Spartan Sprint Training Plan: Day 1
Subscribe to the Spartan Workout of the Day to get your week of workouts and a featured exercise sent to your inbox each week.