Spartan Running Training Plan | Day 14: Meditation
Welcome to Day 14 of the Spartan Running Training Plan.
Well, Spartan, your first week as a runner has come to an end. Running is a tough task and most people struggle to find the willpower to make it this far, but not you. Congratulations. You’ve earned today’s mindful recovery.
For today’s meditation, spend your time focusing on your breath. Breath is one of the most important aspects of running. With a simple meditation practice, you will change your brain to control its breathing so once you hit the trails and the courses, you can sink into your practice and just run. Today’s meditation is important. Let your body relax and just breath.
Running Training Plan Workout: Day 14
- To begin, find a quite location where you can sit or lay in stillness.
- Close your eyes.
- Just breathe. You do not need to control your breathing. Allow your body to fall into each breath naturally.
- Stay mindful to how your body is moving with each breath. As you inhale, what is happening through your chest? Your shoulders? Your belly? What about with your exhale? Keep your mind on your breath for a minute or two.
- As your breath becomes more consistent, allow your body to stay still and breathe naturally. Get lost in the stillness.
- Finish off your practice today with a few more rounds of mindful breathing. Has your body movement or your breath changed from the beginning? Notice the relaxed state of your body. Is there any particular area that is feeling more at ease or more comfortable now at rest?
If you are new to meditation, you only need to spend between 3-5 minutes in stillness today to see the benefits. Finish out your day and take note of your body’s awareness. Continuing the practice of meditation will help to relieve stress and to improve your body’s overall performance. Start with practicing one time a week. As you become more comfortable at ease, you may find yourself wanting to meditate multiple times a week, for longer sessions.
Get mentally and physically ready for tomorrow’s running training plan workout: Day 15 of the Spartan Running Training Plan.
Or, see how far you’ve come by checking out the first installment of the Spartan Running Training Plan.
Getting ready to tackle a Spartan race? Download The Spartan 2018 Training Plan as your blueprint. #noexcuses