The Irish have a saying: “You’ll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind!”
So if you’ve been thinking of signing up for a Spartan Race, where better than to do it in the Emerald Isle itself.
On May 27th, Spartan Race is touching down in Ireland for the first time. The inaugural event takes place at Punchestown Racecourse outside Dublin. The venue is near the historic meeting place of Ireland’s ancient kings, and in the heart of horse-racing country.
Both a Super and a Sprint are on offer, but those up for the challenge also have the chance to experience more than just the famed green hills of the Irish countryside.
Spartan Nomad and extreme traveler Miguel Labranche, is leading a weekend tour for culture-loving Spartan athletes that includes the sights and sounds of Dublin city alongside the straits of the Spartan course.
Labranche, who in 2017 ran 26 Spartan races in 23 different locations as far apart as Malaysia and Milan, has since been helping other athletes combine their passion of competing in Spartan races and travelling the world.
This Global Spartan Trip to Ireland will involve three nights accommodation in a city center 4-star B+B, visits to the historic Kilmainham Gaol and the world-famous Guinness Factory, a pre-race dinner on Saturday May 26th, and, of course, the chance to hang with other Spartan competitors and crazy world travelers.
The full package will also include daily breakfast, transfers to and from the hotel and the racecourse, a spectator pass and 10% discount on all merchandise. It will not include flights to and from Ireland or transfers from the airport.
Costs range from 1,099 EUR for a single room, 1,520 EUR for a double room (two people, one room)–760 EUR per person to 2,085 EUR for triple room (three people, one room)–695 EUR per person.
If you’ve always dreamed of racing in Spartan events around the world, start your adventure by signing up for Global Spartan Trip now. No more thinking; time to start ploughing your own field.
Included in your stay:
- Three nights hotel at 4-star B&B in Dublin City Center–Pembroke Townhouse
- Breakfast daily
- Saturday night pre-race group dinner
- Race entry to Sunday Sprint or Super (complimentary entry if you want to race both!)
- Spectator Pass
- 10% on-site Merchandise Discount
- Special Ireland Race Venue Tee
- VAT included
- Bag check
- Race Day Lunch from On-Site Vendor
- Dublin City Tour with a local guide & entrance to private Kilmainham Gaol tour
- Entrance to Guinness Factory Saturday at end of City Tour
- Sunday AM transfer to the race and return transfer (set bus time departures)–1HR each way
- Services of expert Spartan guide
- Sunday night celebration with a group in Temple Bar (optional)
- Flights to and from Ireland
- Transfers to and from Dublin airport
- Meals not indicated in itinerary
- Gratuities–where necessary
All the info and registration information is here.
For further information regarding this the first ever Spartan Race Ireland trip, contact Spartan Global Travel.
Be a part of the Oscar Mike mission and join veterans and active-duty servicemen and women in the 2018 Spartan Honor Series.