Super SpartanTraining Plan: Day 18 - Active Recovery
Today is about injury prevention and helping your body feel good. This is our mobility and stability day.
For today’s workout, we are decreasing our sets but increasing our repetitions to work more of an endurance and injury rehabilitation phase. Whether you have aches or pains or you’re of a sound body, you will gain serious functional stability from today’s exercises.
½ Mile Incline Walk 5-15% (6-7 RPE)
Hanging Scap Retractions – 3×15 (6-7 RPE)
- To perform the hanging scapular retraction, grab an overhead bar in an overhand grip slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Keeping your arms straight, pull your shoulder blades together and down. Hold for 5 seconds and release. You can come out of the hang as needed.
- If you are not comfortable in the hang position, you can perform this exercise in a wall push up position.
SL Reach with Pancake – 3×15 (6-7 RPE)
Plank – 3×15 (6-7 RPE)
Split Squat Hold – 4x:20 seconds (6-7 RPE)
Rest 1-2 Minutes between sets
Pull out your favorite Acumobility SPARTAN Ball or Acumobility SPARTAN Eclipse Roller. Spend anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes on each muscle, depending on tightness.
Today, you will want to release your:
- Lats (under your shoulder blades)
- Pecs (below the front of your shoulder socket)
- Calfs (lower leg)
- Hamstrings (back of upper leg)
A more advanced Spartan may also require a hip flexor releases just above your front hip bone.