Spartan News Roundup March 12
News from within and around the world of Spartan.
- Greek Peak Winter Sprint Results
- Las Vegas results.
- Sparta is calling you: The Spartan 2018 Trifecta World Championship has been announced.
- March 24-25: San Jose Super and Sprint Weekend; The Houston Sprint.
- April 7-8: Charlotte Sprint Weekend in Concord, North Carolina.
- The Spartan 2018 Mountain Series Presented by the U.S. Air Force has been announced. Six mountains with more than 29,000 feet of total elevation and more than 80 miles and 250 obstacles. It gets rolling on May 5 in Montana. More info here.
Training & Nutrition
- Mark Sisson of Mark's Daily Apple discusses how you can free yourself from sugar.
- Are you a broken runner? Here's how to unbreak yourself.
- A free mountain training plan is now available.
- Is it possible to train for a high-altitude race at sea-level? It may not be ideal, but here's what you can do.
- More on how to train for a mountain race.
- The basics on how to overhaul your diet for high performance.
- A fountain of youth for your beaten joints.
- Our kids aren't tough enough and here's what to do about it.
- Meet the busiest Spartan: Trifecta world record holder, Hartley Mahfood.
- Get the hell out of your comfort zone.
- Amalia Boone and Marla Sweeney on how to stamp out excuses.
- Jason Jaksetic on why a new frame of reference on the hard life can help you embrace the suck.
- How to survive a bear attack.
- How to biohack your house for optimal sleep.
- Are you weird enough to succeed? Joe De Sena puts his secret up for grabs.
- Tim Olson, Western States 100 record holder, offers some great tips on mindfulness in ultra-running.