Spartan Life News Roundup: Feb 12, 2018
News from within and around the world of Spartan.
- South Florida Sprint and Kid's Race is this weekend, including a free Spartan Open House, 4pm-6pm Friday, February 23rd, at 2018 at Amelia Earhart Park. Amelia Earhart Park is a 515-acre urban park in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, just north of Hialeah, Florida.
- In case you missed it, the 2018 Spartan World Championship will return to North Lake Tahoe September 29 – 30, 2018. How do you qualify to race? Here are the details.
- Selflessness is a virtue of Warrior Culture and is commonly seen within a Spartan race. What's your story?
- Can you get sick-fit with just a single kettlebell and a pair of sneakers?
- This is why you should add some hot yoga into your training program.
- 7 signals that, yes, you are too sick to workout.
- The New York Times recently reported on how sugar has hit Chile hard: "The Chilean government, facing skyrocketing rates of obesity, is waging war on unhealthy foods with a phalanx of marketing restrictions, mandatory packaging redesigns and labeling rules aimed at transforming the eating habits of 18 million people."
- Do you recall how President Barak Obama's daily snack was a handful of almonds? Turns out almonds ranked #1 on a "100 Most Nutritious Foods" list.
- Anne L'Heurex has some great ideas on a variety of ways you can bring almonds into your life.
Make it a Spartan Valentine's Day:
- Paleo recipes that won't completely upend your blood sugar.
- Why you should forget the roses and go for something deeper.
- Is a Spartan race superior to Match.com? There's a case for it. Read about Shannon and Erik, Ally and Luke, Samantha and Michael.
- Jason Jaksetic on why meditation may be the hardest workout you'll ever do but the payoffs make it worth it.
- Zack Even Esh on why true strength goes well beyond the gym.
- Spartan Up podcast: Darn Tough Founder Ric Cabot on how to go against the grain and win.
Commit in 2018. Download The 2018 Spartan Race Schedule. #noexcuses