2 Essential Oils For a Natural Workout Boost | Spartan Health #1
Essential Oils For Energy: A Natural Workout Boost
Your five senses are your body’s most direct connection to the outside world. They take in information 24/7 whether you know it or not. Harnessing any one of your senses can be a powerful way to stimulate the brain to achieve optimal results. Using essential oils for energy is a potent tool.
What We Cover
- What are essential oils, often abbreviated as EO’s? Essential oils come from plants, trees, flowers, and shrubs. Essential oils are the essence of the plant and in those oils you’ll find the plants hormones, neurotransmitters, and growth factors. Some potent stuff to be sure.
- EO’s can be inhaled, diffused in the air or applied topically. The interesting thing about using your sense of smell and inhaling them it that it’s one of the most direct connections to the brain for a natural but rapid response. In other words, essential oils for energy boosts.
- If you apply them topically know that they should be blended in another oil or water-based mixture so they don’t irritate the skin. But, EO’s are small enough molecules they can pass through the pores and enter the body.
- What EO’s can help with your workout and give you that extra boost and spring in your step?
Three words: Citrus, citrus, citrus. The citrus family includes, grapefruit, orange, lemon and lime and they are central nervous system (CNS) stimulants. They up-regulate, activate and energize your brain!
The two I’m focusing on today are grapefruit and lime.
First up, Grapefruit: While it has grown in the West Indies since at least the 18th century, it wasn’t widely known in the US until the 20th century. Today, there are at least 10 different varieties of grapefruit. Its essence or oil is prepared from its flowers and its powerfully fresh aroma can energize your senses!
The other EO I’d like to tell you about is Lime: If you only use it in the kitchen to add some tanginess to your tacos or flavor a margarita, you are really missing out! Lime has important health and energy-boosting properties and can be combined with grapefruit for a wonderful 1 to punch to stimulate your mind and give your work out a boost!
How to use them? You can use a towelette, wipe, tissue, gauze add a few drops of the energizing oils and inhale for 1-2 minutes. Repeat as needed and amp up your workout routine…naturally!
KEY TERMS & IDEAS:- Essential Oils: E.O.s
- Eo’s: plant hormones, neurotransmitters, growth factors
- Sense of smell/olfaction one of the most direct sensory connections to the brain
- Application: inhaled, topical, diffuser
- EO’s: Citrus fruit family - stimulate/upregulate the C.N.S. (central nervous system)
- Citrus family: Grapefruit, Orange, Lemon, and Lime
- Pre-workout: Inhale for 1-2 min or apply topically to energize your workout
LINKS & RESOURCES:
Follow Nada on LInkedin
Sage Tonic on Instagram “Holistic Health for Adolescents”
“The potential of positive places: senses, brain, and spaces”
Apple Podcasts: http://bit.ly/SpartanUpShow
Google Play: http://bit.ly/SpartanUpPlay
FOLLOW SPARTAN UP:
Spartan Up on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/spartanuppodcast/
Spartan Up on Twitter https://twitter.com/SpartanUpPod
Producer: Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
Writer and Host: Nada Milosavljevic MD, JD
© 2018 Spartan