This Saturday, April 21, the 2018 Spartan Stadium Series begins at Citi Field in New York City, home of the New York Mets.
In a press release detailing specifics of the 2018 series, Spartan Race announced a modification in the burpee penalty, dropping the repetition count from 30 to 15.
“The changes in stadium events reflect the shorter distance and faster speed of play among athletes,” said Spartan Director of Sport and Training Joe DiStefano. “Dropping the rep count to 15 will make the races more competitive among elite athletes and in some ways, more approachable for newcomers to the sport.”
The series itself has been modified to incorporate a championship series of three races, the first at Citi Field this weekend, the second June 16 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Tex., and the third at Fenway Park in Boston on November 10.
“The Spartan Stadium Series is naturally a competitive event, given the location and fast-paced action on the course,” said Spartan Founder and CEO Joe De Sena. “Creating the championship element provides our racers the opportunity to battle for an elevated prize purse and clout on the same playing fields as the most recognized pro athletes in the world.”
The 10-event series will have $35,000 in cash prizes, a new edition to this year’s circuit.
2018 Spartan Race Stadium Series schedule:
- *Citi Field – New York, NY: April 21
- Dodger Stadium – Los Angeles, CA: April 28
- Nationals Park – Washington DC: May 12
- *AT&T Stadium – Arlington, TX: June 16
- University of Phoenix Stadium, Glendale, AZ: July 7
- Busch Stadium, St. Louis: August 11
- Citizens Bank Park – Philadelphia, PA September 22
- Toyota Park – Bridgeview, IL: October 20
- *Fenway Park – Boston, MA: November 10
- AT&T Park, San Francisco, CA: December 1
*Spartan Stadium Series Championship events