The Ultimate Spartan Trail Mix Recipe to Power Up Your Workouts
Packed with proteins, healthy fats, and even a little sugar kick, trail mix is the perfect fuel source for the Spartan athlete on the go. Check out our signature blend (our ultimate trail mix recipe) to give you quick energy on your workouts. Sourced from whole foods, this trail mix is filled with healthy fats and fast-acting sugars. Better yet, it’s complemented with a punch of caffeine from yummy chocolate-covered coffee beans. Eat it by the handfuls on the trail, as a post-workout snack, or as a healthier dessert option.
Related: Top 5 Post-Workout Snacks Trainers Recommend to Fuel Up
Spartan's Ultimate Trail Mix Recipe
Recipe by Samantha Hawkins
- 1 cup Chocolate Covered Coffee Beans
- ½ cup Cashews
- ½ cup Almonds
- ½ cup Hazelnuts
- ½ cup Dried Cherries
- ½ cup Raisins
- 1/4 Hemp Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- Sea Salt (seasoned to taste)
Related: 3 Strength Workouts for Great Trail Running
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Store in a Ziploc bag or airtight container. If you are hitting the trail in the summer, consider freezing your mix before you go. The chocolate will stay nice and cool, preventing any messing melting.
- The mixture will keep for approximately one-month from the mixing date. For more complex flavors, try toasting the nuts in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees F.