Here is a simple recipe for a quinoa breakfast bowl.
(Makes 2) Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup Yumbutter Organic Superfood Peanut / Almond / Cashew / or Sunflower Butter
- 2 Tbsp honey https://life.spartan.com/post/honey-can-improve-gut-health
- ½ tsp Maca powder (optional) https://life.spartan.com/post/maca-nature-s-aphrodisiac
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium ripe pear, cut into bite-sized chunks
- In a large saucepan, bring quinoa and water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, then cover and reduce to a low simmer until quinoa is tender, about 15-20 minutes. Stir every few minutes to keep quinoa from sticking to bottom of pan.
- Remove quinoa from heat. Stir in Yumbutter, honey, maca (optional) and cinnamon. Top with pear, then drizzle with additional honey and sprinkle with cinnamon. Serve immediately