Whether you’re training for Jacksonville, crushing an obstacle course in quarantine, or just flipping tires (our favorite way to blow off steam these days!), your muscles are constantly being pushed to their limits. Every time you exercise, you break down muscle tissue, which then needs to be repaired and strengthened so you can test your grit again and again, and #BeUnbreakable.
This is where protein comes in. Getting enough protein is essential to recovery—it helps your body build and repair muscles. In addition, it strengthens your immune system and organ function, and acts as the building blocks for bone, tissue and blood. So if you're on the lookout for foods that help with muscle recovery (or just need new recipes to try during lockdown), search no further than this chocolate and salted caramel protein banana bread. You'll score nine grams of protein per slice, so grab those overripe bananas and get to mashing. You'll thank us later.
The Best Healthy Banana Bread Recipe For Quarantine
Total Preparation & Cook Time:
- 1/2 c Salted Caramel Protein
- 3 Medium-Sized Overripe Bananas
- 1 c Blended Oats
- 1 Milk Chocolate bar (1.5 oz)
- 2 Eggs (Option to strain yolk of 3 eggs for whites only)
- 1.5 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 c Water
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a blender, mix oats and baking powder until fine. Then add bananas, egg whites and water to the blender. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add the rest of all dry ingredients and stir. Then add the blender ingredients to the dry and mix well.
- Chop the milk chocolate and add to the mixture.
- Pour into a lined 8 x 5 loaf tin. Bake at 350F for 30-35 mins.
- Leave to cool at room temperature and refrigerate after that.
Macros (Per Slice):
- 177 Calories
- 23g Carbs
- 5g Fat
- 9g Protein