On this episode of the Spartan Up! podcast, Andrew Huberman — a PhD who runs a neurobiology lab at Stanford University — chats with Spartan founder and CEO Joe De Sena about the brain science behind many of our moods and behaviors.
How can you trigger the chemical releases that will help you sleep better, control stress, and achieve more? It turns out that napping is great for memory, recovery, and health, and a simple breathing technique can immediately reduce stress. Dopamine, too, can help you achieve your goals. Dive into what your brain chemicals are actually doing, and how to control your internal reward mechanisms.
More Spartan Up! Podcasts: How to Find Your Flow State and Achieve Self-Motivation
15 Invaluable Lessons From Andrew Huberman
1) Biology is a process, not an event.
2) Rest is what rewires your brain.
3) Napping makes you better.
4) Slow wave sleep = deep recovery.
5) The nervous system instructs the immune system.
6) Behavior, diet, and supplementation are key.
7) Get sun in your eyes in the morning.
8) Avoid bright lights at night.
9) Exercise early in the day.
10) Learn what works best for you.
11) Understand internal reward mechanisms.
12) Learn how to toggle internal switches.
13) Gratitude is a power tool of effort.
14) Laughter is powerful medicine.
15) View the horizon once a day.
Listen to the podcast in its entirety below.
Spartan Up! YouTube Channel Spartan Up! Spotify Podcast Spartan Up! Apple Podcast
Connect With the Spartan Up! Podcast for More Great Discussions Below!