Today is about injury prevention and helping your body feel good. This is our mobility and stability day.
While Thursdays have continually been about active rest, today, we are following suit from what we have done all week. Our sets and repetitions are decreasing, our resistance remains the same. Do you notice any decrease in aches and pains from when you first started this program? This is the magic of active rest.
Perform this workout in a circuit. Complete one set of each exercise before beginning a new set.
½ Mile Incline Walk 5-15% (6-7 RPE)
Hanging Scap Retractions – 3×15 (6-7 RPE)
- To perform the hanging scapular retraction, grab an overhead bar in an overhand grip slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Keeping your arms straight, pull your shoulder blades together and down. Hold for 5 seconds and release. You can come out of the hang as needed.
- If you are not comfortable in the hang position, you can perform this exercise in a wall push up position.
SL Reach with Pancake – 3×15 (6-7 RPE)
Plank – 3×15 (6-7 RPE)
Split Squat Hold – 4x:20 seconds (6-7 RPE)
Rest 1-2 Minutes between sets
Today, you will want to release your:
- Lats (under your shoulder blades)
- Pecs (below the front of your shoulder socket)
- Calfs (lower leg)
- Hamstrings (back of upper leg)
A more advanced Spartan may also require a hip flexor releases just above your front hip bone.
Tomorrow’s workout: Day 26
Start from the beginning: Day 1