Every individual responds differently to what they eat. We all know that eating a healthy diet is important, but what is happening on a chemical level inside our bodies? Josh Clemente started out as an engineer and welder at SpaceX, exploring the outer atmosphere. But what was most important, he realized, was monitoring what was going on inside our own bodies.
In the latest episode of the Spartan Up! podcast, Clemente and Spartan founder and CEO Joe De Sena dive deep into what helps and hinders your metabolism, key tips and tricks for stabilizing your glucose response, and understanding what it takes to train metabolic flexibility.
“You have to put in focus, effort, and repetition to develop metabolic health," Clemente says. "It doesn't just happen.”
9 Ways to Manage and Maintain Your Energy During the Day
1. Individuals respond differently to foods.
2. Measure, monitor, and respond to your glucose.
3. Walk after meals.
4. Train your body into metabolic flexibility.
5. Put in the effort to develop metabolic health.
6. Learn dietary flexibility.
7. It’s not just what you eat, it's how you eat it.
8. Understand the consequences of your decisions.
9. Place your actions in context.
Listen to the podcast in its entirety below.