Super Spartan Training Plan: Day 15 - Pulling
This workout is designed in strength and hypertrophy supersets. Complete each exercise in corresponding number once before beginning back at the start of the set. Adequate sets, repetitions, and intervals are listed based on the aim of each exercise.
Use the Perceived Exertion Scale (RPE) to choose weights and techniques specific to your skill level. The exercises should be challenging, but not unmanageable. We’ve built this workout using a Spartan pancake for resistance, but you can also use a kettlebell, traditional sandbag, or most anything, really. Click each exercise to view a demonstration that shows proper technique. Always perform each movement in a controlled and strict manner.
1 -Dead Hang – 4x 1:00 RPE 8
1 – Pancake Single Arm Swing – 4x :30 each arm RPE 8
- Start in your hip hinge, grasp the pancake with one hand, keeping both shoulders square to the ground and pull it directly behind you. As your hips thrust forward and you stand up, allow your arm to swing upward while maintaining straight arms as the pancake comes to shoulder height. Control through your core as the weight decelerates to the initial pull between your legs. Make sure that your hips and shoulders stay square throughout the entire motion.
Minimize your rest between exercises: 0-30 seconds.
2 – Pancake Dead Lift – 4×8 RPE 8-9
2 – High Pull – 4×8 RPE 8-9
2 – Towel Grip Farmers Carry – 4 x 100m RPE 8-9
- Tip: Don’t have kettlebells or dumbbells? Fill 1-2 milk jugs with water. String a towel through the handle and carry the jugs by only gripping the towels.
Rest: 2-5 minutes between sets.
3 – Single Arm Bent Over Row w/Pancake – 4×12 RPE 7
- Perform this with one hand braced on a platform while moving the other arm in the row motion.
3 – Reverse Lunge to Step Up – 4×12 RPE 7
Rest: 1-2 minutes between sets.
1 – :05 Hang to Pull Up – 5×6 RPE 8-9
1 – Sprint 5×100 m
Minimize your rest between exercises. 0-30 seconds max.
Pull out your favorite Acumobility SPARTAN Ball or Acumobility SPARTAN Eclipse Roller. Spend anywhere from 30 seconds to 3 minutes on each muscle, depending on tightness.
- Today, you will want to release your:
- Lats (under your shoulder blades)
- Pecs (below the front of your shoulder socket)
- Calfs (lower leg)
- Hamstrings (back of upper leg)
A more advanced Spartan may also require a hip flexor releases just above your front hip bone.