Turkey Breakfast Bake
Makes 9 servings
- 1 tsp coconut oil or non-stick cooking spray
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup cooked dark or white meat turkey, chopped
- ½ - 1 cup cooked vegetables (leftover Thanksgiving greens like green beans, Brussel sprouts, and broccoli pair best)
- ½ cup leftover sweet potato (if you don’t have leftover, bake off ½ of a medium potato)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare an 8x8 inch baking dish with oil or spray.
- Tear or chop turkey and veggies into bite sized pieces.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, rosemary, salt, and pepper. If you are using leftover mashed sweet potato, whisk it in now. If using more solid pieces of leftover sweet potato, chop them up and stir them in with the turkey and veggies. Add remaining ingredients to the egg bowl and stir to mix.
- Pour egg mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the center is set (when a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean). Enjoy!
- Nutrition Boost: Add 3 Tbsp of Hemp Hearts to step 3 for an additional 10g protein, 13g of unsaturated fats, and over 25% of your daily magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus needs.
- Stir in ¼ cup of Nutritional Yeast during step 3 for an additional 8g protein, 4g fiber, and over 100% of your daily b vitamin, folic acid, and pantothenic acid need.
Turkey Breakfast Bake by Carrie Moody