This side dish is easy to make and big on taste. Simple. Basic. Beefy. For a vegetable anyway. Roasted turmeric cauliflower goes with anything.
Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower
1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets or 1/2” thick steaks 1 medium onion (Vidalia onions offer a sweeter flavor), roughly chopped ¼ cup olive oil ½ tsp ground turmeric 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper Pink Himalayan Sea Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet (or 2 depending on size of cauliflower) with aluminum foil for easy clean up.
- Mix oil, turmeric and cayenne pepper in small bowl.
- Place cauliflower and onion in large bowl. Drizzle with 1/2 of the oil mixture; turning to coat well (I find that using my hands works better than using a spoon). Repeat with remaining oil mixture.
- Spread vegetables in single layer on your baking sheet. Sprinkle with Sea Salt (optional)
- Roast 40 minutes or until cauliflower is tender, turning veggies halfway through. Enjoy fresh out of the oven as a tasty side or even as your main course.
Beast Mode Tumeric Cauliflower
Carrie Moody @FitBalanceNutrition_RD