Nuts have been a staple snack of choice for many years. In most recent years, they have increased in popularity as people come to understand the heart health benefits of the fats and fiber found within the satisfying crunch or in a smooth nut butter.
Here is a basic recipe for Pumpkin Nut Butter Energy Balls that will give you dense nutrition for pre or post workout modes.
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds (shelled)
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ½ cup chopped & pitted dates
- ½ cup oats
- ¼ cup nut butter (We love YumButter)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Put the nuts and seeds in a food processor or high-powered blender and pulse several times to chop. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
- Put the remaining ingredients in the food processor and process to chop and mix well.
- Add the nut mixture and pulse several times until well combined.
- Transfer to a large bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow firming.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll into bite-sized balls.
- Store in the freezer. For up to 3 months.
Beast Mode "Broken Glass" Nut Butter Energy Balls
Shout out to our Spartan foodie of the month @Dave Sherotski for these beauties that will fuel you.