Mediterranean Swiss Chard Salad
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 bunch Swiss Chard
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 kalamata olives, diced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, diced
- Pepper, basil, and parsley to taste (optional)
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- While quinoa cooks, warm a skillet over medium heat and prep chard by washing well and then chopping into 1-inch strips. Discard the toughest parts of the stem.
- Add oil to skillet carefully, then add chard. Stir with oil, cover, and allow to cook for about 3 minutes.
- Push chard to one side of the skillet, add garlic and pepper flakes and cook until garlic is lightly browned and fragrant. Be careful not to burn it.
- Add broth. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes or until broth is heated through, then remove from heat.
- Add cooked quinoa, stir to mix, then add tomatoes and olives. Season with optional herbs and spices, stir and enjoy warm or cold. Makes 4-8 servings depending on your desired portion size.
Want more protein? Top with a sunny side up egg or some cooked salmon.
Want to add more greens to your week? Here are some more ideas.