Keto Comfort Food: Thanksgiving Edition
Use your leftover turkey dinner to bake up some comfort fuel that will fuel the most heavy-duty of post feasting workouts.
Keto-Friendly Comfort Food
Ingredients - Makes 8-10 servings
- 2 Tbsp Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 1 cup cubed cooked leftover turkey (breast or thigh. Breast will offer less fat while a thigh will be juicier)
- 1 ¼ cup diced celery
- ½ cup (packed) chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp Cajun Seasoning*
- 2 ½ cups riced cauliflower
- ½ cup chicken bone broth
- ¼ cup diced tomato
- 2 sticks Jalapeno Turkey Chomps, diced (or your favorite cooked sausage)
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook celery and green onion in oil until celery has softened.
- Add leftover turkey, Chomps, and Cajun seasoning. Cook an additional 5 minutes to heat turkey and Chomps through.
- Add cauliflower rice and bone broth. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes. Cauliflower rice should be tender.
- Stir in diced tomatoes, increase heat to high, and cook uncovered for an additional 5-7 minutes.
2 ½ Tbsp Paprika 1 ½ Tbsp each Pink Himalayan Sea Salt & garlic powder 1 Tbsp each onion powder and dried oregano 1 tsp each black pepper and dried thyme ½ tsp each cayenne pepper and red pepper flakes
Mix together in an air-tight container. Store for 3 months.
Notes: Cauliflower can be swapped out for cooked quinoa or rice if you desire a bit more carbs.