Drink your butternut squash. Really. Smooth. Delicious. Nutritious.
Ingredients (Makes 2 servings)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- ¾ cup frozen butternut squash (in the frozen aisle)
- ½ of a medium banana, very ripe
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup frozen berries of your choice (raspberries are a nice compliment)
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds + 1 scoop Athletic Greens (optional)
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 60 seconds. Add additional water until you reach your desired consistency.
- This recipe calls for the use of frozen butternut squash from the freezer aisle. If you wish to use fresh butternut squash simply follow the directions for acorn squash but sub in butternut. The cinnamon, nutmeg, and maple syrup will add to the smoothie flavors. You will just need to let the squash cool well before preparing smoothie.
- This smoothie can easily become a soup. Simply prepare according to directions, then pour into a saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally until heated through.
- Looking for more protein? Swap out the banana for your choice of: 1 scoop vanilla protein powder or Powerful Vanilla Bean Greek yogurt https://powerful.co/yogurt