"Success is where opportunity meets preparation.” — A Wise Spartan
As race day approaches, you might be getting a little nervous. Did you pack everything you need? Are you wearing the right clothes for the race? Check out this race-day checklist to make sure you are fully prepared.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- A quick-drying top — which is both lightweight and breathable — underwear, and shorts. SHOP HERE
- Thin, breathable socks. (No cotton.) SHOP HERE
- Light sneakers with good drainage and traction. The RD PRO is your best bet, hands down. SHOP HERE
- Face mask. SHOP HERE
FIND YOUR RACE: Click Here to Find a Race Near You
WHAT TO BRING:
- Your ID, money, and directions to and from the race venue.
- A bag for the rest of your gear. (Tip: Put an identifying mark on it to make it easy to find.)
- A complete extra outfit. (You’ll want to change after the race. Flip-flops are a popular choice.)
- A bath towel.
- A large plastic bag for dirty clothes.
MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS (JUST IN CASE!):
- A first aid kit.
- For longer races, foot lubricant and an extra pair of socks.
- Extra money for food and Spartan apparel.
MORE VETERAN TIPS:
- Bring on-person hydration, such as a hydration pack, for Super- and Beast-distance races. Stash gels, food bars, or your fuel of choice in the hydration pack.
- Ensure that your gas tank is filled up, and have a cooler loaded with your favorite healthy recovery snacks and drinks to snack on as you drive home.
- Leave the sunglasses and hat in your bag. (They might not make it to the finish line.)
We have tons of resources to make preparing for your race incredibly simple.