Grab your Spartan kids and head to the kitchen. It's time to make popsicles. But hold all the sugar. We are going to be making them with figs.
Spartan Kids Figs Pops
Makes 12 servings
- 12 large figs
- 3/4 cup (about 4 ounces) dark chocolate or milk chocolate morsels
- 12 bamboo skewers
- 2 oranges
Directions (Invite the kids to help with this recipe)
- Remove fig stems and flatten each fig slightly with palm of your hand.
- Place one fig on each skewer (like a lollipop).
- Microwave chocolate in microwave-safe bowl on medium for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and smooth.
- Place oranges in small bowls to hold lollipops. Dip skewered figs, partially or completely, into melted chocolate. Poke skewers in oranges. Chill until set.
Additional toppers: Finely chopped pistachios or walnuts, coconut flakes, or hemp hearts. Simply sprinkle any of these toppers over the chocolate dipped figs while chocolate is still warm. Toppers add flavor, texture, and nutrition.
Want even more Spartan approved desserts?