3 Simple, Quick Ways to Reduce Anxiety
How to Reduce Anxiety
Stress and anxiety can plague many of us. That habitual and pervasive worry can not only become intrusive but also leave us feeling debilitated if not managed well. There are a few ways to reduce your anxiety and practicing them regularly can leave you feeling more in control of your worry and less vulnerable to it’s impact on your day. These various tactics are not only simple in their accessibility but also easy to understand and apply. In this episode, we explore simple but potent methods to reduce anxiety and to reduce anxiety naturally.
Breathing: If you notices yourself getting anxious you can slowdown your breathing is a very accessible and powerful way to manage anxiety. We talk about Mark Divine's Box Breathing method as grounding your body—a physical and mental method that helps you root yourself into the present.
Reframing what feelings we are having is another technique. Our body experiences fear and excitement in the exact same way. So this tactic is to take a moment and consider why you are having anxious-like feelings. It may be that you're simply excited about something you are in fact just revved up for.
How to Reduce Anxiety Lessons:
- Anxiety is a habitual and pervasive state of worry that can impact your daily functioning.
- Working to manage your anxiety and practicing anxiety-reducing skills can help you feel more in control when feelings of worry arise.
Try these tactics to reduce anxiety:
- Breathe - the power of a steady breath is crucial when working through anxiety.
- Ground yourself - place your feet flat on the floor if you are sitting, and feel the weight of your body push into the floor.
- Name your experience - differentiate between being excited and being anxious.
Follow Dr. L on Instagram
Production Team: Heather Knox, Knox Creative; Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
Host: Dr. Lara Pence
Synopsis: Dr. Lara Pence
Connect With the Spartan Up! Podcast for More Great Discussions Below!Spartan Up! YouTube Channel Spartan Up! Spotify Podcast Spartan Up! Apple Podcast