Avocado Spread: Put It On Anything
You can make an avocado spread for any occasion. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack, it probably would taste better if you were dipping it into an avocado spread.
Here is a basic recipe to combine the protein of beans with the good fats of avocados.
- 1 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium, ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cilantro
- Himalayan pink sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mash cannellini beans and avocado with a potato masher
- Stir in lemon remaining ingredients
Try it served on the side of scrambled eggs and your favorite sautéed greens