You can make an avocado spread for any occasion. Breakfast, lunch, dinner or snack, it probably would taste better if you were dipping it into an avocado spread.
Here is a basic recipe to combine the protein of beans with the good fats of avocados.
- 1 cup cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium, ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp whole grain dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cilantro
- Himalayan pink sea salt and pepper to taste
- Mash cannellini beans and avocado with a potato masher
- Stir in lemon remaining ingredients
Try it served on the side of scrambled eggs and your favorite sautéed greens