Lemon Glazed Donuts
145 calories per serving
- 1 cup of coconut or almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of spring water
- 1 cup of amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs of baking powder
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- In a big bowl, mix the water, coconut/almond milk, the eggs, and 1/4 cup of the cane sugar. (Keep 1/4 cup aside).
- Add the all the dry ingredients, including half of the zest, stir and set aside.
- Pour the mixture in a pre-oiled donut shaped pan.*
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes; remove, and let cool.
- To prepare the glaze for the top of the donuts, heat up a pot and cook the remaining 1/4 cup of cane sugar with a 1/4 cup of water.
- Add the lemon juice and the zest and cook for 60-90 seconds on high heat. When it’s starting to get a little bit thicker, and the color turns light brown, remove from the heat.
- Dip each donut in the lemon caramel. Be careful. Caramel is really hot!
*If you don’t have a donut pan, never fear. Essentially a donut pan is just shapes the batter. Try a muffin pan, or something similar. Just watch your bake times carefully.