Lemon Glazed Donuts
145 calories per serving
- 1 cup of coconut or almond milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of spring water
- 1 cup of amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of cane sugar
- 2 tbs chia seeds
- 1 tbs of baking powder
- 1 lemon, juice and zests
- In a big bowl, mix the water, coconut/almond milk, the eggs, and 1/4 of the cane sugar. (Keep 1/4 of it on the side).
- Add the all the dry ingredients, including half of the zests, stir and set aside.
- Pour the mixture in a pre-oiled donut shaped pan.*
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, remove, and let cool.
- To prepare the glaze to go on top of the donuts, warm up a pot and cook the remaining 1/4 cup of cane sugar with a 1/4 cup of water.
- Add the lemon juice and the zests, cook for 60-90 seconds on high heat. When it’s starth to get a little bit thicker, and the color turns for light brown, it means it’s time to remove from the heat.
- Dip each donut in the lemon caramel. Be careful, caramel is really hot!
*If you don’t have a donut pan, never fear. Essentially a donut pan is just offering you a donut shape for your batter. You can try a muffin pan, or something similar. You’ll just have to watch your bake times carefully.