All of our events will award a personalized wooden block and free race for the top 3 racers in each gender overall and top 3 in each gender of our masters (40+ years old on race day) at every elite heat. Many of our events will also have prize money awarded for the elite heat.
- All of our Saturday events will have prize money for the elite heat. If there are multiple distances at one venue, typically only one distance will be considered the elite heat (usually the longest distance) and award prizes and points. The other event will only be considered a Competitive heat and not award any points or cash prizes.
- The Minimum prize amounts are $500 for 1st, $200 for 2nd, and $100 for 3rd for the overall winners per gender. For the masters group the minimum prizes are $200 for 1st, $150 for 2nd, and $100 for 3rd for each gender. (Masters are consider any racer 40 years or older as of race day).
- We will have sponsored events where the prize money may be higher. The athlete guide will have this information on these events posted 10 days prior to the event on the event page.
- Our NBC events will award $3,000 for 1st, $1,200 for 2nd, and $800 for 3rd for the overall winners only.
- The World Championship will also offer a higher prize pool
What Else You Need to Know:
- To Qualify as Elite you must race in the designated Elite heat. If you race in the Elite wave for some of your races and race in the Open heats for a couple of events, those open heat races will not be combined with your Elite points in the Elite series.
- Elite heat must have a minimum of 30 male or 10 female participants to qualify the athletes to receive ranking points at that event. In some cases, race directors may allow only ranked athletes to enter a Elite heat.
- Stadium Event points and Non-Stadium (regular) Event points will be calculate separately.
- Only your top 5 best races within the Continental US earn points (for both the main and stadium series).
- If you are late to your heat you will not earn Elite points, at the race directors discretion.