Bob Roth, transcendental meditation teacher of 45 years, has seen the progression of the practice go from a fringe activity to a scientifically backed technique taught widely in such institutions as schools and prisons. As Roth describes it, transcendental meditation allows one to be a better warrior, whether on the OCR circuit or in facing daily life, by bringing you to a state of level headed calm where you can make the best decisions. A large part of building resilience, after all, is finding ways to put the tumultuous highs and lows into the proper frame of reference so you can sail easily past life’s obstacles.
- No matter how much turmoil exists on the surface of the ocean it is insignificant compared to the depths of calmness that lie underneath. The mind is like an ocean.
- Meditation is Spartan in that it gets to the essentials of your body and mind.
- To the mind that is still, the universe surrenders–Lao Tzu. I.e., If you have a complicated mind, you’ll be a victim to life’s obstacles.
- Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Panel: Joe De Sena, Johnny Waite, Sefra, Col. Tim Nye & Dr. Delle
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz
© 2016 Spartan