At age 70 she tried her first Spartan Race. At seventy two years old, 16.7 miles, five thousand feet of climbing at nearly two miles above sea level, she crossed the Lake Tahoe Spartan Race Championship finish line. For Marla Sweeney, this was the twenty third time in almost as many months of crossing that line. She started this endeavor while still managing pain from a head-on car accident. Is that inspiring enough for you? Marla doesn’t consider herself special and will crush all your excuses. We celebrate her and all other strong women on International Women’s Day on March 8th!
- Compartmentalize. Find a way to break down big goals into tiny ones and tick them off one by one. Repeat.
- There’s always a way to adapt but you won’t find it sitting down.
- Get your whole family involved. You’ll strengthen bonds and have a support system.
FOLLOW SPARTAN UP
- Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Hosts: Joe De Sena with Johnny Waite, Sefra Alexandra, Col. Tim Nye, AND guest host this week Amelia Boone
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz
© 2018 Spartan