Kevin Cleary, CEO of Clif Bar, has his company on the right track if not the most trodden one. Whereas most companies only think of maximizing their quarterly profits, Clif bar is planning decades ahead and profiting from the foresight. Whereas most companies focus on satisfying their shareholders, Clif Bar has a firm social and environmental mission that strengthens the company and community at large. They’re one of the few, but important examples that doing good, yet remaining lucrative, are not as mutually exclusive as many believe.
- It’s much better motivation to tell someone they’re a hard worker than to tell them that they’re smart.
- A company that can focus on long term goals, despite the pressure to show quarterly profits, will ultimately make better decisions.
- A purpose driven business keeps those involved with it engaged and passionate.
- Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Additional Videography by Michael Isabelle and others
- Panel: Joe De Sena, Johnny Waite, Sefra, Col. Tim Nye & Delle
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz
© 2016 Spartan