Entrepreneur and athlete Sami Inkinen, along with his wife, rowed 2,750 miles over 45 days without using any of the traditional “athlete foods” conventional knowledge says are essential: sugars and carbs. They didn’t starve, far from it. They came out of it healthier than can be expected from such an endeavor. Why? As fit as Inkinen is, he developed prediabetes by following the standard diet and surmised that sugar was the culprit. If someone like Inkinen is vulnerable, we should all be aware. Inkinen recounts his amazing journey from California to Hawaii.
- The key to success is anything is a growth mindset: Don’t go through an experience, grow through it.
- Sometimes you have to face a challenge as if you were eating an elephant, one piece at a time, slowly, as best you can.
- The only way to escape an unpleasant experience is to embrace it fully, not fight it.
Motivated to build a stronger mind? Commit with Spartan X.
- Video and Audio Production – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Audio Post Engineer – Team Podcast
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz
© 2016 Spartan