Luis Escobar has made a life around distance running. He has run with the Tarahumara who run as a way of life and with homeless people using running to get “back on their feet.” If his name sounds familiar, he’s also the ultrarunning photographer featured in Born to Run, by Chris McDougall. In this episode we ask him what it is about ultra running that draws him, about his trip to Copper Canyon, Mexico, about the Tarahumara, and about the obstacles we all face in life.
- Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
- When it feels like it’s over and you get up and keep moving, that’s when the magic happens.
- People who still live steeped in tradition and culture and who don’t espouse material values are not poor. They often live a rich life.
This episode is brought to you by FOUR SIGMATIC. Join the mushroom coffee revolution and save 15% using promo code SPARTAN http://foursigmatic.com/spartan
FOLLOW SPARTAN UP
- Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Hosts: Joe De Sena with Johnny Waite, Sefra Alexandra, & Col. Tim Nye
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz
© 2018 Spartan