Ray Morvan, mortgage officer and part of a Vermont family maple sugaring business, found extreme multi day racing at random, after a battle with alcohol and opiate addiction. By helping him find community and a way to exert and build mental resilience it’s exactly what the doctor ordered . He went on to compete in nine Peak Death Races which is almost certainly a record. We spoke with him at the Spartan Winter Agoge. Morvan credits stoicism for getting through life challenges that would break a lesser man. He is now championing the issue of addiction by assisting anyone who is willing to reach out to him. Morvan’s phone line is open.
- Figure it out. There’s always a way.
- Simply put yourself out there, everyday, and have faith that it will get better.
- In addition to PTSD think about PTSG – Post Traumatic Growth.
- Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Hosts: Joe De Sena with Johnny Waite, Sefra Alexandra, Col. Tim Nye, Dr. Delle & David Deluca
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz
© 2016 Spartan