Explorer and mountain biker Shannon Galpin brings cycling to Afghan women. The 2014 National Geographic Explorer believes bicycles are a vehicle for transformation in a society where this simple freedom and pleasure is denied to women and girls. This simple act, easily taken for granted in the West, provides them with a stronger voice so vital in what often appears like an insurmountable obstacle–positioning Afghan women in a place of greater equality.
- Simply doing something right can a powerful form of activism since it will inspire others to mirror you.
- Hope and change prevail over fear.
- Don’t take even the simplest things for granted.
Learn about the Film Afghan Cycles
Learn about Shannon’s organization Mountain2Mountain
- Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Host: Joe De Sena with Johnny Waite, Sefra, Col. Tim Nye, Delle & Mark Webb
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz
© 2016 Spartan