Synopsis: Xand Van Tulleken, a doctor who practices in hostile regions, had a taste of the easy life growing up, but it did not sate his appetite for adventure. He has worked in such places as Sudan, Uganda and Peru and the excitement of the challenge has made it difficult to go back to a conventional existence. He and his brother have even started a TV show in which they immerse themselves in traditional indigenous medicine with no other recourse. The takeaway? Western medicine has a lot to learn.
- When things go badly wrong it’s because of indecisiveness and uncertainty, therefore, be prepared.
- People can live quite well without western medicine. It has little to offer to the indigenous way of life, for example.
- Some of life’s happiest moments are in the midst of doing difficult things.
Resources and Mentions:
- Video and Audio Production – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
- Audio Post Engineer – Team Podcast
- Synopsis – Matt Baatz
© 2015 Spartan