Success is where opportunity meets preparation.” — a Wise Spartan
Spartan Race-Day Prep Checklist
As race day approaches, you might be getting a little nervous. Did you pack everything you need? Are you wearing the right clothes for the race? Check out these race-day prep checklists to make sure you are prepared.
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Lightweight, breathable, quick-drying top, underwear and shorts.
- Thin, breathable socks. (No cotton.)
- Light sneakers with good drainage and traction.
WHAT TO BRING:
- ID, money and directions to and from the race venue.
- A bag for the rest of your gear. (Tip: put an identifying mark on it to make it easy to find.)
- A complete extra outfit. (You’ll want to change after the race. Flip flops are a popular choice.)
- Bath towel.
- Large plastic bag for dirty clothes.
MISCELLANEOUS ITEMS, “JUST IN CASE”:
- First-aid kit.
- For longer races, foot lubricant and an extra pair of socks.
- Extra money for food, beer and merch.
MORE VETERAN TIPS:
- Bring on-person hydration, such as a hydration pack, for Super- and Beast-distance races; stash gels, food bars or your fuel of choice in the hydration pack.
- Ensure your gas tank is filled up, and have a cooler loaded with your favorite healthy recovery snacks and drinks to snack on as you drive home.
- Leave the sunglasses and hat in your bag. (They might not make it to the finish line.)
NEED MORE HELP?
We have tons of free resources to make preparing for your race incredibly simple.
- Out of shape? Use the Couch-to-Sprint Training Plan.
- Got kids? Train them with our Kids Training Plan.
- Running out of workout ideas? We have a WOD for every day of the year.
We also put together this collection of blogs for first-time Spartans with you in mind.