Two veteran racers on eating raw and vegan. Meet Myriam and Jacky Boisett from our Spartan Up! podcast. They talk about how dramatic food choices impacted performance and pace.
Can eating only raw fruits and vegetables improve your performance, health, and recovery in racing? This week Myriam and Jacky Boisett talk about their raw vegan diet that enhanced every aspect of their life - from adventure racing to the storied Spartan course.
What's inside? Cool conversations about where can you find protein, questions about what your body craves and curious points of view about a daily drink of seawater.
5 Things We Learned About Raw Vegan Living
- Eating raw may help reduce the chance of injury and inflammation
- A healthier diet can potentially alleviate allergies and asthma
- You have to push your body hard to know it well
- To change from a normal diet to a vegan diet should be done in steps
- Put more vegetable juice into your diet by drinking it before meals
Bonus: More Raw Vegan Nutritional Know-How
- Your body is craving minerals and vitamins
- Watermelons are great for the end of hikes
- Juicing the night before a race may help you feel lighter and ready to go
- Protein can be found in fruits, vegetables, and juices
- Palm syrup and a little seawater may be great for you?!
This episode of “Spartan Up!” is sponsored by Athletic Greens. Get 20 travel packs free when you order at https://athleticgreens.com/spartan
Finding The Topics That Matter Most Part 1
Stretched for time? Here are the top 10 timecodes to help you find the topics inside the conversation that matters most to you.
0:00 Joe intro to the Boisetts
0:52 Athletic Greens
1:22 Interview begins
3:00 eating raw vegan
4:00 It’s not about just performance but about health and recovery
5:00 healing asthma and allergies with a raw diet
6:00 how do you get protein? Myth vs. fact
6:45 Spartan Race vs. expedition racing
7:40 Sleeping on a raw diet
8:38 Athletic Greens Break in an alpine lupine field
More About Raw Vegan Alternative Eating Part 2
12:27 Interview continues
13:00 Yale study on protein consumption in athletes
14:10 we are not omnivores
15:00 how society normalizes a bad diet
16:00 winning adventure races: raw
17:00 pushing your body hard to know it well
17:30 race prep diet
Drink Seawater and other unique advice Part 3
19:00 advice to starting a raw vegan diet
21:00 bring a watermelon to the top of mountains :)
22:00 health benefits of seawater
23:00 Joe De Sena’s commentary on the interview and what’s coming up next!
24:00 Athletic Greens special offer for Spartan’s
Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
Hosts: Joe De Sena with Johnny Waite, Sefra Alexandra, and Col. Tim Nye.
Synopsis – Sefra Alexandra
Production Assistant - Andrea Hagarty
Connect With the Spartan Up! Podcast for More Great Discussions Below!Spartan Up! YouTube Channel Spartan Up! Spotify Podcast Spartan Up! Apple Podcast