2010 Drill Sergeant of the Year Melissa Solomon
Watch 2010 Drill Sergeant of the Year puts Joe De Sena in his place. Sergeant 1st Class Melissa Solomon has a deep understanding of what it takes to motivate. She should, she’s a top professional. She knows fitness too! 1SG Solomon leads trainings in the Army Master Fitness Course to “create personal trainers in each company of 150 soldiers, to have them perform in optimal health.” Trained in how to master resiliency, she gives you tools for when “things aren't going your way- don’t quit- find another way and problem solve!” In this episode, wasting time and potential are not tolerated!
- If your message isn’t getting across, regroup and rethink
- To do your job well empower others
- Give tasks that people are likely to fail to establish a baseline
- Find alternate solutions and don’t quit
- Be a sponge: coachable and teachable
- Test your limits
- Relinquish some of the comforts of home, embrace stress
- Find your core resilience
- Be mindful of your time, don’t waste it!
- Find what motivates you - surround yourself with a “personal board of directors”
- Write down what you want - set dates to achieve those goals
- Have the tools you need - remove the excuses
- Be a part of something bigger than “just you”
- React to obstacles in a productive manner
- Don’t make monsters out of challenges - just face them
This episode of “Spartan Up!” is sponsored by Athletic Greens. Get 20 travel packs free when you order at https://athleticgreens.com/spartan
1:30 Athletic Greens special offer
1:56 Interview begins (you won’t want to miss this!)
2:40 how to become a drill sergeant
3:15 getting your message across
4:05 how do you tell a good recruit?
4:30 don’t quit
5:15 facing the brink of failure
5:45 pushing beyond limits
6:20 where does core resilience show up ?
7:30 how do you reach your goals
8:25 what are you motivated by ?
9:45 tips and tricks
11:00 ditch the excuses
12:40 drill sergeant burpees
13:00 Athletic Greens break
14:50 interview continues
15:30 Army Master Fitness Course
17:40 go out and get what you want
20:00 the Master Resilience Training Course
22:25 Sefra, Johnny, Joe and Joe Di discuss the interview
26:17 Athletic Greens special offer: AthleticGreens.com/Spartan
Producer – Marion Abrams, Madmotion, llc.
Hosts: Joe De Sena with Johnny Waite, Sefra Alexandra, Col. Tim Nye and guest host Joe Di
Synopsis – Sefra Alexandra
Production Assistant - Andrea Hagarty
Connect With the Spartan Up! Podcast for More Great Discussions Below!Spartan Up! YouTube Channel Spartan Up! Spotify Podcast Spartan Up! Apple Podcast