325 calories per serving (basic version)
Sprint – Level 1
1. Cut avocados in half and remove pits.
2. Scoop avocados out from peel and into a bowl.
3. Cut lemon in half and squeeze juice from both halves into the bowl of avocados.
4. Season with salt and cayenne pepper
5. Mash and mix well.
- For a smooth, tasty and healthy sandwich spread, try this guacamole.
- Leave an avocado pit in your bowl of guacamole to help preserve it longer.
In addition, feel free to customize your guacamole by chopping up and adding some of these ingredients:
- Jalapeño peppers
- Sweet peppers
The avocado is thought to have originated in central or southern Mexico and was cultivated in Central Peru long before the arrival of Europeans. From there, avocado got transferred to nearly all parts of the tropical and subtropical world, this being the optimal environmental for the plant to flourish.
Avocados contain 35% more potassium than the so-called potassium superstar, the banana. Why is potassium important? Well, it’s an electrolyte mineral that helps our muscles function properly and keeps our blood pressure in a healthy range.