Kale and Fried Lotus Root Salad
183 calories per serving
- 1 cup sparkling water
- 1 tbs cane sugar
- 2 tbs of coconut flour
- 2 tbs quinoa flour
- 2 cups of cooked lotus root
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups of sliced cucumbers
- ½ cup of sliced radish
- 3 cups of fresh and finely chopped kale
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp cane sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¼ of Mirin vinegar
- 1 tbs roasted sesame oil
- Place all the ingredients from the mix A (except the lotus root) in a bowl and mix well. Then let the lotus root soak in it.
- Slice all the vegetables from mix B and place them in a salad bowl.
- In preparation for the dressing, heat up the coconut oil in a little pan and roast the garlic with it.
- Add all the other ingredients from mix C, adding the lemon juice and Mirin vinegar at the end.
- Removed from heat right away.
- Pour the dressing into the salad bowl; spread the dressing on every piece of veggies by mixing it.
- Heat up a small pot with 3 tablespoons of coconut oil in it. Place all the pieces of lotus root into it. Cook on High heat each side for 2 minutes. Serve the lotus alone with the kale salad.