Heavy Duty Black Bean and Chocolate Cake
195 calories per serving
- 2 cups coconut milk beverage
- ½ cup black beans, cooked*
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¾ cups pea flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup coconut palm sugar
- ½ cup of 70% minimum chocolate chips
- 1.5g of stevia powder
- 2 TBS of vanilla extract
- 1 TBS of aluminum-free baking powder without
- 1 TSP of xanthan (for texture)
- Pre heat the oven at 350F
- In a blender, place the coconut milk alone with the beans and cocoa powder. Blend at maximum speed for 10 seconds.
- Pour that mixture into a mixer bowl and add all the other ingredients. Mix until it’s all homogenized.
- Pour the mix into a greased cake pan, cook for about 35 minutes into the oven. This cake will have a heavy moist texture because of the nuts flours and beans.
- Serve with a coconut cream.
- Keep refrigerated.
*How to Cook Black Beans
- Sort through beans removing any funky looking ones, along with non-bean any debris that might have gotten into you beans.
- Wash beans in a colander.
- Soak beans over night in refrigerator.
- Rinse beans throughly in colander.
- Boil in water for approximately 60 minutes. Add water when needed. You want to keep beans submerged.
- Test beans with a fork to see if they are ready.