Dessert has traditionally been a haven for empty calories that weigh you down and don’t properly fuel you up. It’s time to change that. This vegan and gluten-free dessert harnesses the power of avocados, not just for flavor, but for increasing the nutritional value of this luscious treat. But, as always, enjoy anything from the dessert category in moderation. This vegan and gluten-free dessert harnesses the power of avocados, not just for flavor, but for increasing the nutritional value of this luscious dessert.
Chocolate Avocado Pudding
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 dates
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minuts.
- Add coconut oil, dates, syrup, vanilla, half of the almond milk, avocados, and cocoa powder into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth. Add additional almond milk until the pudding is the consistency you want.
- Spoon into bowls, cover, and chill.
- Serve with your with your favorite fruits and nuts as toppings.