Banana and Black Bean Muffin Bars
16 bars servings
213 calories per serving
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 cup black beans, cooked*
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup dry raisins
- 2 cups pea flour
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 TBS vanilla extract
- 1 TBS of baking powder without aluminium
- 1 TSP of xanthan (for texture)
- Pre heat the oven at 390F.
- In a mixing bowl, mash and mix up the banana, coconut oil, coconut palm sugar, cooked black beans, vanilla, and raisins.
- Incorporate the flours and baking powder. You should have dough that is flexible and soft, but not liquid. Depending on how big and mush your bananas were, you may need to add a little bit of coconut milk.
- Grease a cookie pan.
- Place the cookie dough on the cookie sheet, about 1.5-2 inches high and cook for 20 minutes.
- Keep in the fridge for a longer life shelf.
*How to Cook Black Beans
- Sort through beans removing any funky looking ones, along with non-bean any debris that might have gotten into you beans.
- Wash beans in a colander.
- Soak beans over night in refrigerator.
- Rinse beans throughly in colander.
- Boil in water for approximately 60 minutes. Add water when needed. You want to keep beans submerged.
- Test beans with a fork to see if they are ready.